our Church Family and Beyond...
Our Parochial Church Council (PCC)
Our Parish Safeguarding Coordinators are: Mrs Sally Haughton-Brooks & Gemma Roberts
If you have any safeguarding concerns
please do get in touch with them via this email address:
Safeguarding Policy Statement
This implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
- We accept and endorse the principles set out in ‘Safeguarding in the Diocese of Mancheser’ (Full policy document).
- We follow the guidelines set out in the Parish Safeguarding Handbook – Promoting a Safer Church.* click on the links to access the documents
- In particular, we commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church community.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training and support of those working in both paid and voluntary positions with children or vulnerable adults, including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosures and making appropriate referrals to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that a child or vulnerable adult may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and social care services in any investigation.
- We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them appropriate pastoral support.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
Safeguarding Parish Policies
Our detailed policies for 'Safeguarding Children and Young People' and 'Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults' were agreed and adopted by the PCC on Monday 1st May 2023 and we will next review it during May 2024.
Any questions or queries please contact our Safeguarding coordinator: